Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Santa's Elves


I have a card to share for Anna's Craft Cupboard today.

I was lucky enough to get this MFT stamp called Santa's Elves!
Yippee!!! I was so excited because I have wanted this one for so long.

He was so much fun to colour in and he's absolutely adorable isn't he?!




As well as colouring fun, I also had some "messy" fun with this card :)

I used some Dylusions paints for the first time.
I fell in love with their colours and decided to take a chance and buy a few in the hope that I could create some beautiful backgrounds.

I used London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise, Crushed Grape and White Linen.
I love this colour combination and I think it works well for a Christmas card.

I used 2 stencils for the painted background.
A Kaisercraft template called Ornamental
and a Crafter's Workshop one called Confetti for the white elements on top.

I painted onto the smooth side of some watercolour paper.

The panel was then mounted onto a Kaisercraft C6 white card.

And I popped the elf up on some x-press it foam mounting squares for some added dimension.

I decided to use some Doodlebug Designs Candy Shoppe alpha stickers for the sentiment.
It is a bit hard to see in the photo, but this is sparkly and looks so good against the painted background without drawing too much attention away from the elf.
After all, that elf deserves all of it ! :)

Copics used :
BG 0000, 01,02,05,09,10,11, 13, 15, 49
B04
BV 02, 04, 13
C1
E 000, 00, 04, 11, 21
R30



I love making Christmas cards!
I hope you get some crafty time to make some too :)

Thanks for dropping by today

Kathy




3 comments:

  1. Stunning background and he is so cute in blue 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Kathy. Your little Elf is gorgeous & I love love love the background you created. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the darling background! I never thought to use sticker letters to make the words on my cards, very clever!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!