Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wedding Congratulations

 

Well I’ve had a very busy few weeks.

My son got married last weekend and it was such a beautiful wedding!

I thought I would post the wedding card I made for them today and participate in the SUO Challenges Wedding theme.  Their design team have made some beautiful cards.  If you’re in need of some inspiration you should take a look.

I also used a Freshly Made Sketches sketch that my friend Rita created.  Unfortunately I haven’t posted this card in time to enter their challenge, but thanks for the inspiration Rita.

 

IMG_6323

 

I turned Rita’s sketch on it’s side and used pretty bridal type white and vanilla ribbons and lace for the “flags”.  I was wondering what I could do for the trim at the top though and remembered a trick I had used once before.  I cut the edging off the organza ribbon, wrapped it around the card and tied it in a bow and it looked very pretty.

I used the Always hearts again, embossed with white onto vanilla card and cut around the inner edge and embossed them again with crumb cake onto shimmery white and cut around the outer edge.

I used the needlepoint border embossing folder for the first time too and I like how pretty it looked, especially with the ribbons.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Always, (MDS Congratulations)

Card : crumb cake, shimmery white, vanilla

Ink : crumb cake, versamark

Other : white ep, clear ep, pearls, needlepoint border ef, finial press, ef, big shot, vanilla satin ribbon, organza ribbon, crochet trim, decorative label punch, flower trim

 

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully, Kathy! I'm sure they will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...this is so pretty! I just love all white cards like this. I bet in real life with the shimmery cardstock it is beautiful! Thanks for joining the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!