Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Honey Rosette

 

At still addINKtive this week we have a colour challenge.

Whenever there is a fifth week in the month we will have either a colour or sketch challenge instead of both.

I am choosing the colours for our challenges from now on and Bronwyn is designing the sketches.  Choosing them is really fun but it will be hard for me not to include pool party or baja breeze in every colour combo!

But look, my first combo and not a blue in sight!

 

I was asked by my club hostess if I could teach them how to make rosettes.  So I decided to use our colour challenge and this is what I came up with.

 

IMG_5738

 

It’s my first time making a rosette too but I was happy with how it turned out.  I’m sure we’ll have fun making them together. 

There is very little stamping on this card but I used soft suede to stamp the bee from Nature Walk and the sentiment on the tiny tag.  I also stamped the flower image from tiny tags with pink pirouette onto the cotton ribbon.  It is subtle but pretty. Add a variety of punched flowers, a new embossing folder and it’s done.

 

Ingredients:

Stamps : Tiny tags, Nature Walk

Card : river rock, vanilla, suede, pink pirouette, neutral and subtle dsp stack

Ink : suede, pink pirouette

Other : simply scored, tag punch, circle punches, boho blossoms punch, scallop trim border punch, itty bitty punch, linen thread, cotton ribbon, pearls, metallic brads, antique brad, big shot, honeycomb ef

 

Please take a look at what the rest of the still addINKtive team have created and make a card using our colours this week :)

 

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Kathy! Your rosettes turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job with your rosette. Love the punched edge, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! I love the honeycomb background and the little elements on either side of that gorgeous rosette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour combo is fabulous, Kathy! Love the sprinkling of dainty elements either side of your fabulous rosette & those cute little tags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic job with the rosette and I love all the little extras on your card. I'm sure your class will enjoy making them. Thanks for choosing such a pretty colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the soft, elegant feel to this card Kathy. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I just love your style. This card is sooo pretty with the punched flowers and rosette. I think your club will love it! And the addition of the bee is perfect with the honeycomb background. I never even thought of doing that!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!