Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Prehistoric

 

This week at Just Add Ink we have a sketch challenge.

JAI#110_Sketch (Mae)

At first I thought it was a bit of a tough one but then I got this idea to use my new Dinoroar set again and I ended up being very happy with it. 

It’s great when that happens isn’t it!

 

IMG_3719

 

I flipped the sketch and I should also say that this is a big card (just as a dinosaur card should be!)

I just printed the sentiment from the computer and used 2 different fonts.

I tried ribbon, paper and lots of different things to get the line behind the rectangles (as in the sketch) but I wanted all the focus to be on the dinosaurs.  So I stamped the “splat” stamp from French Foliage (it is honestly worth buying that set just for this stamp) in a line behind them instead.  I liked this much better, it kept the card clean and simple.  I also used a very neglected colour, mustard, and I think it works great on this card.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Dinoroar, French foliage

Card : mustard, black, white, x-press-it

Ink : memento black, mustard

Other : copics

 

My husband is turning 50 this year and this is going to be for him.  It’s actually not till October, but I just got this idea and instead of waiting till closer to the time (and quite possibly forgetting what I was going to make)  I decided to make it now.  So I’m all prepared!  Well the card is anyway.

Please take a look at what the rest of the design team have come up with and give this sketch a try.

 

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Kathy! Those dinosaurs look REAL! That's some amazing coloring. I think you did a stunning job with that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing that 'splat' stamp everywhere and I think I might just have to get it!!

    Love the sentiment you've created, it suits the card perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT card, gorgeous way to use the dinosaurs, and I am super-impresssed with how terribly organised you are, Kathy! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! This dinosaur set was just made for you. I loved your "Four" card, and now you've gone and made an awesome "prehistoric" card. Love, love, love it! I've wanted French Foliage forever, and mostly for that splat stamp. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled across your blog when I googled blending card and tasmania. Funny the things you find. Such a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great card Kathy! I love those dinosaurs and that you've created your own sentiment and it really works with the images! Your husband will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE what you are doing with Dinoroar lately Kathy! This card is fabulous and being so well prepared for hubby's birthday is even better, just hope he doesn't stalk your blog and you will then have to make another one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Kathy. I love how those dinasours looke to be popping off the page and the sentiment is hilarious considering it's for your husband's 50th.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea for your husbands card Kathy! I just love your dinosaurs! Totally agree with you on the splat stamp too :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!