Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Mermaid Beach

 

This week at Just Add Ink we have a theme challenge. Just Add …. Beach.

Mine is kind of more like Just Add …. Fairytale Beach or Imaginary Beach.

 

IMG_3748

 

As soon as I saw this sheet of Everyday Enchantment dsp I thought it would make a perfect mermaid’s tail and I’ve been waiting for a chance to try it. 

My youngest daughter’s birthday is coming up and she loved the other card I made with this stamp but she said she just wished she had brown hair.  She wanted the mermaid to have brown hair and green eyes like her!  So I’ve done that and I think she’ll love her.

I put a small amount of dazzling diamonds on the bubbles, her tail and the 7 so it’s nice and sparkly.  I used one of the clear buttons that SU used to sell and punched a circle of pool party cardstock to place behind it. I threaded it with some ribbon from the everyday enchantment pack and made it go all kind of wavy, similar to how you do with curling ribbon.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps :  Mermaid Laugh (CC designs), Blowing Bubbles (MFT)

Card : black, xpress-it, pool party, everyday enchantment dsp

Ink : memento black, pool party

Other : dazzling diamonds, big shot, tasteful trim, timeless type alpha, copics, clear button, everyday enchantment ribbon, circle punch

 

Please take a look at what the rest of the design team came up with for the Beach challenge and make a beach card too.

 

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Kathy. This card is sooooo cute!!! I Love your mermaid, your colouring is fabulous, and the DSP definitely looks mermaid-tail-ish!
    I have just emailed a supplier hoping I can find one of these little cuties for me. Thanks for inspiring me this morning.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy you are so right - that DSP makes a perfect mermaid tail!!!
    Such a cute image :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, this is absolutely adorable! I love every little thing about it, and think it is jaw-dropping. It brought a big smile to my face, so I'm sure it'll be a huge hit with your little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out amazing, Kathy! You are so right about that paper being a perfect mermaid tail! I love how your mind works. :) You really have the hair coloring down! You are totally rocking the Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one awesome mermaid card Kathy! Love the added glittery bits and your colouring is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Kathy. I think your daughter will love this too! Great idea to use the coloured cardstock behind the clear button :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my how perfect is that DSP for a mermaid!! Great thought Kathy. She is the cutest - you are REALLY getting a hang of your copics too :) I love that we can tailor cards for the ones we care about - makes you happy and them too :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colouring just gets better with each card Kathy, she is beautifully done and her paper pieced tail is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kathy - she's beautiful! I was looking at this DSP just (coz I finally opened it) and wondered what it reminded of - now I know! you clever thing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!