Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Naughty and Nice Purse

This week is the 99th challenge from Just Add Ink and the last for this year.
Just add Packaging.


IMG_3074


I had bought a friend a little gift for Christmas and instead of wrapping it as normal, I thought I would make another one of those cute explosion purses to make it look more special.

This paper is retired now, it is my favourite ever Stampin Up dsp.  I have been hoarding it and not actually using it because it’s just too nice to cut!  But even though it’s not exactly Christmassy I thought it would make a lovely Christmas bag and I actually used a sheet of it!!! It is card weight dsp so it was just perfect for this.

I used shimmery white which I embossed with the finial press folder and cut with the top note die for the top of the purse.  I also made a little tag using a stamp from the Tags til Christmas set.  I have used this stamp a lot this year, I think it’s so cute!  Then I added a red glimmer brad (which looks much more sparkly in real life) and some retired ribbon for the handle.

I had intended adding some other Christmassy embellishments to it, but decided to take the “less is more” approach in the end.  I just liked it better this way.


Ingredients :
Stamps : Tags til Christmas
Card : shimmery white, white, real red, dsp (ret.)
Ink : baja and real red markers
Other : big shot, finial press ef, top note die, glimmer brad brights, ribbon (ret.) square punch, square scallop punch, crop a dile, linen thread, velcro dots


I gave this to my friend today and she loved the bag even more than the actual present I think :)
Please take a look at the other wrapping and gift giving ideas that the Just Add Ink team have created this week.  I’m sure they will inspire you to make something beautiful.

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas.

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. My favourite of all time DSP as well. I love your little explosion purse, Kathy. Have a lovely Christmas and hope to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really sweet gift box idea Kathy, beautifully simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!