Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pearl Wedding

This is the first card I made for the Splitcoast Stampers Creative Crew challenge.
The brief was to use Stampin Up products to give a card a distressed look.
IMG_1099

I had been asked to make a special 30th wedding anniversary card and I thought distressed would be nice but I didn’t want to go “too over-board” with it because I didn’t know the couple it was going to.  So I made it distressed and pretty at the same time!
I decided to use my Always heart, I haven’t used it for a while and I had forgotten how beautiful it is.  I realised too that it would team beautifully with the finial press embossing folder.  I brayered crumb cake ink onto the folder before putting the river rock in and running it through the big shot. Then I distressed this piece further with a sanding block. The heart is embossed with espresso on 2 layers and cut out.  I distressed all edges using crumb cake and sponged some pretty in pink onto the heart and birds.  I also added some champagne shimmer paint to their wings and tails.  I pulled a thread in the vanilla satin ribbon to give it a vintage look too.
Oh and there had to be pearls because your 30th anniversary is a pearl one if you didn’t already know. I didn’t, I had to look it up :)

Ingredients :
Stamps : Always, teeny tiny sentiments
Card : river rock, naturals ivory, espresso, very vanilla
Ink : espresso, crumb cake, pip
Other :  clear embossing powder, sanding block, daubers, champagne shimmer mist, pearls, bird punch, big shot, lots of tags, finial press, linen thread, brayer, vanilla satin ribbon, timeless type junior alpha

The person who ordered the card was very happy with it when she saw it and she told me later that the anniversary couple truly loved it, they said it was just so beautiful.  Yeah!!!  Love a happy ending!

SU-Creative-Crew
As for the Creative Crew challenges there are 4 each month.
I’m not showing you all my cards at once though :)
This one is for:
CCREW0511CF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Catalog Focus -- So Distressing. Use the Distressing Essentials kit, cutter kit, sponges, daubers. Make the new look old.
If you would like to join us and make a distressed card, just upload it to Splitcoaststampers and use the writing here in bold as your keywords.  It is probably easier if you just copy and paste these keywords from my blog.  Just get rid of either SUO or SUM.  The aim of the creative crew challenges is to get more stampin up cards into the gallery.  So cards are Stampin Up Only if possible, or Stampin Up Mostly (using 95% SU). Once you have posted this into the keyword section you upload to splitcoast as usual and you can add extra words to the keyword line such as what stamps you used too.
These challenges run for all of May and then 4 new challenges will be set.
If you have any questions just drop me an email.
I will let you know about one of the other challenges now too.  It’s a scrapbooking challenge and I’m not entering this one.  If a crew member decides to not enter one of the challenges then they enter 2 cards into one of the other challenges instead :)  So if you’re up for a scrapbooking challenge here it is :
CCREW0511SF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - SB Inspiration Focus: -- Vintage Pages. We want to see black and white or Sepia photo's! We want the page to look like it's from a by-gone era, think antiquing, distressing, lace, etc.
Hope some of you can play along with us Crew members this month.
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!