Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Party invitations

 

There’s no stamping involved in this project, but it’s a quick and easy party idea that I thought you might like to see. 

I always try to make party invitations that are a bit different.  Not just those pads of invitation sheets that you fill in or computer generated ones.  But I also wanted this one to be quick and easy.

This is what I came up with for my soon-to-be 6 year olds party this year.

IMG_1087

I used some retired stampin up cardstock to make pillow boxes.  There were actually lots of different colours used.  This one is apricot appeal, not a colour I miss, I must admit, but it did look nice  (there was even a balloon in the pack which coordinated beautifully with it.) Instead of stamping their names (which would have taken much longer) I chose a nice font from the computer and printed it onto whisper white.  I punched this out with the word window punch and then backed it with the modern label punch.

I also printed out the party info from the computer onto printer paper.  I cut this out and wrapped it around a Candy Roll with a balloon and tied it together with curling ribbon.  This fit neatly, all wrapped up into the pillow box.

They looked very sweet and I’m sure the kids will love getting a balloon and lollies with the invite.

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. What a super idea, Kathy! Might have to "steal" it! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Congratulations on making the SCS summer Creative Crew!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!