Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Olive tree

 

I was a Colour Queen Courtier last week for my giraffe card hurray!!!

I feel very honoured (and excited) when I win a challenge. 

Anyway here is this weeks challenge at ColourQ.

image

 

Gorgeous colours and again the design team have come up with some really inspirational cards. You should take a look and why not enter the challenge yourself.

Here is my entry:

IMG_0999

 

I had to make another male card this week so I thought I would use the challenge for some inspiration.  They’re always hard for me to make, but I’m quite pleased with how this turned out.

I made it sort of like a little book.  I folded the early espresso card on the side, glued an embossed piece of kiwi kiss to the front and then glued a piece of daffodil delight dsp around the “spine” and attached 2 jumbo brads with the crop a dile through all layers. Then I used my bone folder to score the front and back of the card where the dsp ends.

For the tree I inked it up with espresso and then used a baby wipe to get rid of the ink from the leaves and used an old olive marker on them.  I sponged espresso and crumb cake around the edges of the tree piece and sponged espresso on all other pieces. 

The Just for you was stamped in espresso and then the “YOU” is coloured in with an olive marker, but you can’t see it much in the photo unfortunately. Then I sprayed the tree with champagne mist shimmer paint.

 

Ingredients :

Stamps : Thoughts and prayers, oval all

Card : white, espresso, kiwi kiss, brights stack dsp

Ink : espresso, olive marker, crumb cake

Other : cropadile, jumbo brads, linen thread, dimensionals, oval punch, big shot, square lattice, champagne shimmer mist

 

I was asked to make this card by a friend who said “Do you make male cards?” and I said “Sure!”  (trying to sound confident even though I don’t feel confident at all when I have to make one).  Anyway I hope I succeeded and she is happy with it.

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kathy! thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card Kathy!! At first I thought it was a little photo book (which I make LOADS of) until I read that it wasn't. Great job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the challenge win for last month! Hope this one does well too. Very different card ... but very elegant! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!