Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Barrel of Christmas Monkeys


I wasn’t going to do any challenges this week so that I could  concentrate on mass producing Christmas cards instead. But Just Add Ink have a challenge to use “critters” on a card and I couldn’t resist. I thought I’d use my monkeys again but in a different way this time.  Aren’t they cute!  It kind of reminds me of when we used to play Barrel of Monkeys.
Our local card shop sometimes has packs of hallmark envelopes for sale which I buy occasionally if they have any interesting sized ones. (Of course I never buy cards anymore so this is about the only business they get from me!) These ones were long and skinny and red.  So I made this card to fit and it measures approx. 9cm x 20cm.  It does mean I can’t get 2 cards from a sheet but the size is fun and perfect for my hanging Christmas monkeys.

Picture 111

Ingredients :
Stamps : Party Hearty, Fox and friends
Card : Real red, white, wild wasabi
Ink : wild wasabi, early espresso
Other : rhinestones, big shot, white pen, timeless type junior alphabet, brights dsp stack

Hope you’re further along with your Christmas card making than I am.
Kathy

9 comments:

  1. The monkeys are so cute. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Kathy - love the monkeys' party hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Kathy. I had a Barrel of Monkeys when I was a kid - oooh, that's showing my age isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, adorable!! I would never have thought to use this set on a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is certainly thinking 'outside the square' - what an adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember playing with our barrel of monkeys when I was young and you have definitely captured the idea of this into a great Christmas card. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute and playful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is just so adorable, i Love the way you have used the little monkeys with their cute little Xmas hats on. a real fav of mine.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!